Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ma'am, sir. Parasailing, helmet diving.

I'm not a big fan of Boracay because I always prefer a quiet stroll on the beach rather than the drink-until-we-get-wasted-on-the-beach scene. But it's nice to go back there once in a while and I'm glad we went there in November, less people. So last weekend, I visited this beautiful island with Mariz, the Boracay virgin. Char! Our flight was at 5:10 in the morning so I haven't slept yet because I drank with my friends the night before. We booked at Frendz resort days before and availed of their airport transfers so it was very convenient for us. We arrived Frendz resort at 7:00am and planned on getting some sleep first before going to Mt. Luho but unfortunately, check in time was at 2pm. We didn't have any choice but to go around and do pasalubong shopping (I felt like a walking zombie roaming d'mall while Mariz was buying pasalubong.) We decided to have lunch at around 10am at Smoke then just rest on Frendz' beach beds.

We slept at their beach beds until 1:00pm (SUPER HOT) then headed to Frendz. Good thing the room was fixed earlier. Frendz has an okay room for budget travelers. It's also a place where you can meet new friends (hindi frendz), mostly foreigners. So our original plan was to rest for a while then head to the beach to watch the sunset. Unfortunately, we overslept! I woke up and it's 7pm already. I guess I was that tired. So our first day was really not well spent haha. We just had dinner at D' Talipapa (best seafood in the island) then decided to see the sunrise at Mt. Luho the next day.

Unforunately (AGAIN!), we overslept and wasn't able to go to Mt. Luho for the sunrise viewing. Harhar! We just had a quick breakfast then hired a tricycle to take us to Mt. Luho viewing deck. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. It was my first time to see the whole island and the vast ocean of Boracay. Seeing views like that always give me a sense of awe and amazement. I just can't believe how beautiful this country is.


We went to Puka beach after for a quick photo op. Waves there were pretty crazy and I can't believe that some kids can swim with that kind of waves.





We headed back to White beach then had lunch at Sunnyside cafe (really good food!). Since Mariz wants to swim at 1:30 in the afternoon, I decided to have a 1 hour massage along the beach. After the massage, we passed by Boracay Regency who's having a happy hour from 2-8pm and since happy hour is my favorite hour, we had a few drinks before parasailing with the sunset on our backs.


It was my first time parasailing and it was a great experience. I would do it again next time I go back! Yes, there will always be a next time :)


So after the parasailing experience, we walked back from Station 3 to Station 1 (it was really far, okay!!) to have dinner at Globy's (since we have a 15% discount there) and also wait for Pubcrawl to start. As I said earlier, I'm not the party-til-you-drop type so I was not that eager for Pubcrawl. I just want to get over with it for the experience but I was really caught off guard when I had a blast. I met new friends, drank a few shots and even had goto with my new found friends at 1 in the morning. Mariz went home early but I'm glad my new found friends walked me to Frendz to make sure I'm safe. Pubcrawl is really a must for everyone visiting Boracay :) It's really where you'll turn strangers into friends.

New friends from Cebu.
Drinking milo. Badass. Chos.
With our captains for the night
So I ended the night at around 3:30 am then woke up at 9 because we booked for Ariel's point for our last day. Kathy, a friend that we met during Pubcrawl joined us for Ariel's point. We had a quick orientation at Ariel's house then headed to Ariel's point for the day. I would have enjoyed the unli drinks if I had breakfast that morning. I was so hungry that I couldn't think properly so while going to the boat, I forgot that I had my phone in my pocket. Most stupid moment of my life. It got half soaked and luckily for me, it was still working. I dried it up while on the boat going to Ariel's point. When we arrived there, I checked my phone and saw that the charger/headphone plug has water in it. I tried drying it up then my phone died. It just died on me. I was basically laughing at my stupidity but deep inside, I was crying. I asked the person there in the island if they have any uncooked rice. When I asked for the uncooked rice, they immediately know what happened (I guess, I'm not the only stupid one chos!)

The whole time I was at Ariel's point, I was worrying about my phone and was really hungry. After lunch (finally), we did a little snorkeling and swimming. I backed out from cliff diving because I wasn't feeling really good (because of my phone and I think I had a hungover from last night)


Before leaving, I checked on my phone and the person there told me, "Nako ma'am, nasama namin sa sinaing kanina yung phone mo." REAL FUNNY! Char! Anyway, it worked again! I was amazed!! :) So we went back to Station 1 and had some chori burger and Jonah's fruit shake while enjoying the sunset.



Boracay really has one of the best sunset views. Sobrang nakakainlove. Aanhin mo ang boyfriend kung may sunset view ka like this everyday? CHOS. So we stayed by the beach for a while under the dusk sky and I swear, I could live by the beach forever.

How could you resist a view like this?
We headed back to Frendz, had dinner at D'mall then packed our bags because we have a 6:30 am flight the next day. 

My recent Boracay trip really made me want to work there for a while. I was looking for options and I realize that I could be a singer there, a marketing manager for a chori burger stand or a sales person for the water sport activities. I was practicing my line already, "Ma'am, sir. Parasailing, helmet diving with wifi." I think it's my calling. CHAROT.

So I shall be back Boracay. You wait for me.

No comments: