Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Beauty matters


I attended the Better Story Project workshop last Saturday :) I have been itching to attend one workshop ever since I found out about it months ago. Good thing they held the workshop here at Quezon City so it’s nearer. Anyway, the workshop was all about beauty. We may not give too much attention about this topic but it really is important for all the girls out there. I bet there are a lot of girls who don’t see themselves as beautiful creatures just because nobody is telling them they are beautiful. So right now, I’m gonna tell everybody that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU MAY NOT HAVE LONG LASHES OR A POINTED NOSE. YOU MAY NOT FIT IN A SIZE ZERO DRESS. YOU MAY BE JUST NEARLY 5 FEET TALL AND ALL THE IMPERFECTIONS YOU CAN THINK OF… BUT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
This is the post card giveaway I got from the talk :) This was made by Aia. Just a reminder to all the girls out there.
I have learned so much from the workshop and the whole afternoon was just full of encouragement and empowerment. Some people may have made me feel less about myself this year but I’m not gonna let them think I’m not beautiful. I’m not going to let people made me feel I’m not worthy of the love. I’m worth loving and so are you :) I always loved the quote, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” So stop listening to other people’s negative view about you. Feel beautiful, be beautiful, share your beauty to other people, whether it be your talent or your kind heart :)
There was one point that Ms. Aileen Ponce mentioned during her talk. It was that growth is painful. But growth means change. And change means you’re getting better. This really struck me because I have been going through a lot of pain these past few months. I have been facing huge changes and I’m on the “moving on to be a better person” phase right now. Life has been really shitty but I’m still very psyched about my future because I know I’m stronger and now, I know that I’m still beautiful even if I have been hurt :)
A picture before leaving :)
I would definitely attend more workshops and I encourage other people to attend too :) Plus I won gift certificates from Manos Nail Lounge. YEY! Thanks Fel! :)

No comments: