Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Seven-Year Itch

No, this doesn't involve a boyfriend (I didn't even have a relationship that long!) but friends. I read all over that the seven-year itch can also apply to your friends. I'm blogging about this because I am slowly losing friends that I thought would stick around 'til we grow old. At the same time that Ted, Robin, Barney, Marshall and Lily's friendship faded, ours faded too. I can't pinpoint the exact moment we drifted apart but right now, I know that we did.

I care too much about people in my lives. As much as possible, I try to be there always. But when things got shitty in my life, I started to doubt myself. I became too focused on trying to make myself better and maybe, a part of me forgot to try to be there. And things got more confusing as other aspects of my life became more shitty. As much as I want to help out, I don't know how because I don't want meddling into people's lives. If you tell me things and ask for advice, I will give my two cents but if not, I won't ask. Although I won't say that I am perfect because I can be irritating or insensitive sometimes. That's the way I am.

In life, there are friends that will remain your friends even if you rarely see each other. Some of my high school friends I only see once or twice a year but when we are together, it feels like we just saw each other the day before. I always thought that that would always be the scenario for us... but I guess things will never stay the same.

I guess we are going through our seven-year itch (we just celebrated our 7 years of friendship last year). I'm not really sure if things will go back to normal but I have a strong feeling that it won't but hoping constantly that it will. Feelings have been hurt and I'm still praying that I can have the courage to face you with a smile on my face. I am hurting and as of now, life is getting more shitty (in all aspects!!). I've been losing a lot of people lately: someone special, family and friends. It's like another breakup all over again.

But I will continue to stay positive and I learned that "Everyday and every way, It'll get better and better."

6 comments:

keiytkate said...

Hay, heavy heart feeling when ~breaking up ~ with friends. I feel you. Siguro it's not just about the year we have spent or known someone, but the effort we exert to reach out. Or may mga tao lang talaga na at a certain moment in our lives would perfectly fit in, and of course since we along have experience and embrace different environments, there would be other people who would fit in din naman.

*btw, I voted for you!!! I hope you win sa BBE. I'll make my life more exciting than ever para worthy naman yung kapalitan ko... Hahahaha! :)

Steph Cruz said...

I know! International Friendship Day is July 31/Aug 3, I guess. But it's so hard to mend broken friendship. You just don't know where to start. And I think this is part of growing up...

Steph Cruz said...

I know the feeling! I totally agree! I have been friends with them since high school and then it just stopped. Maybe, the efforts weren't enough and we really just did drifted apart, na sobrang nakakalungkot. Feeling ko talaga this is all part of growing up.


Grabe, totally forgot about the BBE. I'm really far far behind so I don't think I'll win that haha! :))

Steph Cruz said...

But thanks for voting!! :) love love!

www.joeiandme.com said...

I think we all experience this and it's sad. Sometimes friends grow apart because of priorities or differing views about things. Sayang lang kasi the friendship has been there for quite some time. And yes, it does feel like breaking up. So sad.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

♥ joei
www.joeiandme.com

Steph Cruz said...

I know! It's so great to know other people knows how I feel. But life must go on, with or without them ;)

Thanks for dropping by too, Joei! :)