Monday, May 26, 2014

Being alone


My friend recently broke up with his guy for 10 years. She was telling us that she rarely cry about what happened; but the other day, she was in a coffee shop and that was the time she realized that, "Shit, I am alone. (insert waterfalls falling from eyes here!)"

When I heard this, feelings from the past were remembered. I can clearly recall having a lot of quality time by myself because I am single. Then I just stopped going out alone because I hate the feeling of remembering what used to be us.

I understood what my friend is going through because I've been there. One day, you're having dates with someone then it will just stop. You don't know who to talk to or go out with randomly.  Although I hated those moments, those were the days when I realized that there are more people who loves me. I started building relationships with close friends (and new friends). I bonded with them and found a new connection with each person. I felt more blessed than my ex boyfriend made me feel.

Until now, there are still moments that I feel alone but I won't let my singleness ruin my plans to go the mall or have lunch or dinner outside. Alone or with a friend, I will continue to live my life and celebrate the present.

I may be single right now but I know that I am definitely not alone.



No comments: