Wednesday, August 5, 2009

RIP, Tita Cory. (Part 2)

I am blogging about Cory Aquino again because I am watching ABS-CBN for the live streaming of the funeral cortege of President Cory Aquino right now. She just really inspires me and I believe most of the Filipinos are inspired by her too. You can see it on the volume of the people who are following her. So this entry will be composed of pictures and pictures and pictures(haha) that I have been seeing in plurk, facebook, tumblr and twitter. :)

'History is repeating itself. “Ninoy believed the Filipino was worth dying for. Cory believed that the Filipino was worth LIVING for. Her life was about service.” -Jim Paredes

While watching too, I heard this interview on her and she says this: Even if people hate her or whatever, there will still be 5 people who will continue to support her, care for her and most especially, LOVE her. These people namely: Ballsy, Viel, Noynoy, Pinky and Kris. It's not the exact words but that's the idea. She's a very loving mother.

Even MTV is paying their respect to our former president. People all around the world are also paying their respect. That just shows us how Cory's legacy is seen all around the world. The leaders from other country also admires her for her unique leadership and her acccomplishments. She is someone to be proud of and I am really proud to be a Filipino. I am happy I am a Filipino and I will do everything I can for this country.


Their love story was one of the best. It's one of the greatest love story I know and that inspired people too. Now, I want to have someone like Ninoy who will love me and care for me and I want to be like Cory who will love my guy till the end and even after his death. So I will be ending this entry with Ninoy Aquino's poem to Cory. Jose Mari Chan made this into a song so just search for it. It's really nice.



I have fallen in love
With the same woman three times
In a day spanning nineteen years
Of tearful joys and joyful tears.

I loved her first when she was young
Enchanting and vibrant, eternally new
She was brilliant, fragrant and cool as the morning dew
I fell in love with her the second time

When first she bore her child and mine
She's always by my side, the source of my strength
Helping to turn the tide…
I fell in love again with the same woman the third time

Looming from the battle her courage will never fade.
Amidst the hardships she has remained
Undaunted and unafraid
She is calm and composed. She is God's lovely maid.

No comments: